THROUGH BUSINESS GROWTH, WUBBLEYOU ARE LOOKING FOR PROACTIVE AND SELF MOTIVATED PROJECT MANAGERS TO LEAD EXCITING ‘NEVER DONE BEFORE’ SOFTWARE PROJECTS.
Wubbleyou is a software development company based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, building scalable software which empowers customer growth, automation and efficiency. We develop software for both scaleups and public sector, normally for something which hasn’t been done before.
Working closely with clients, and our internal team towards a collective goal, your role as Project Manager will be to ensure project delivery is on time and work is completed to the highest standard. You will be able to combine a detail focus with a big picture vision in order to track project status throughout a product life-cycle allowing for successful code releases as work progresses through our continuous development on projects.
With a background in agile and the ability to deliver MVPs following the lean methodology, our ideal candidate will be able to ensure we’re able to deliver the maximum impact with the least resource possible. You will also be creative in your thinking and have the ability to continuously improve our Project Management processes, with the aim to facilitate a full switch to Jira.
What does the role look like at a top level?
- Creating project sprint plans for with developers and organising/attending agile ceremonies throughout each cycle.
- Ensuring change control is strictly followed in line with company policies and procedures on all projects.
- Creation of reports for clients ensuring all work is produced on budget, with the highest quality standards met.
- Comfortable working with (and reporting on) KPI’s linked to project profitability, efficiency and developer utilisation levels.
- Capable of driving continuous (and demonstrable) improvement in these areas and taking a highly proactive approach to generate new ideas, strategies and actions that achieve this.
- Help to create, document and implement key processes in this area to improve and strengthen project management and introduce best practices.
- Build a culture where these processes become ingrained in daily activity an behaviour and become widely adopted and adhered to.
- Post-project support for clients, maintaining relationships and allowing for further development sprint cycles to be planned with effective client request management.
- Reporting to senior management any project issues, and provide solution management to maintain excellent client relationships
- Spot opportunities for our clients and ways to improve
What does the right person mean to us?
You will be a proactive individual who has an analytical mind and the ability to anticipate problems before they arise. You will have a track record in managing software development projects from start to finish, and your organised, planned approach, alongside a fast working pace ensures you keep projects moving forwards at the right pace, and in the right direction.
You will have an innate ability to build strong connections and engaged customer relationships and be skilled at navigating clients through a project lifecycle to achieve collective goals. A passion for learning, you will be constantly looking for new ways to improve our current processes.
Our ideal candidate will also have had previous experience in software development project management, have used Jira / Service Desk software and have a strong working knowledge of agile & scrum methodologies. Previous experience applying lean methodologies would also be beneficial.
What do you get in return?
The projects we deliver, and the clients we work with, enable us to create limitless opportunities for our team to grow - every project is an exciting learning curve. You will be exposed to a wide variety of projects, and be given the autonomy and responsibility to deliver work that is genuinely impactful.
We have a flexible working environment to cater to both the night owls and early risers, and have a relaxed office culture with weekly team drinks and regular socials.
In addition to this we offer a competitive salary, 28 days annual leave and contributory pension.
We genuinely want every member of our team to excel and will give the opportunities, skill development and tech equipment and tools to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, and further your career.
What do you think?
If you are excited about this opportunity, feel you have the right skills, and want to join an ambitious and growth focused company, we would love to hear from you.
Please send us a copy of your CV and some insight into your career aspirations to email@example.com
We look forward to connecting with you!