THROUGH BUSINESS GROWTH, WUBBLEYOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANALYTICAL AND SOLUTION FOCUSSED PHP DEVELOPERS TO WORK ON DEVELOPMENT OF ‘NEVER DONE BEFORE’ SOFTWARE PROJECTS.
Wubbleyou is a software development company based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, building scalable software which empowers customer growth, automation and efficiency. We develop software for both scaleups and public sector, normally for something which hasn’t been done before.
In this role you will be working on projects for clients like the Department for Education, Northumbria University, Southampton University and North Tyneside Council, amongst many others scaling businesses.
Using agile methods you will be involved in all stages of development and have a passion and drive for producing solutions that have superior quality and user experience. You will be empowered to have a problem solving mindset with a strong attention to detail, and a focus on automating processes to develop systems that add value to our client’s businesses.
With a background in agile, you will be delivery focused with a commitment to understanding and delivering what our clients really value, building software that is fit for purpose, whilst also continuously learning new technologies to advance our solutions.
What does the PHP Developer role look like at a top level?
- PHP/MySQL development using Laravel & Yii2
- Deployment into Amazon Web Services using Continuous Delivery, into auto scaling & self healing clusters, utilising other services such as Redis, Elasticsearch and SQS
- API integrations with other platforms such as Facebook and Google
- Technical research during project planning, and finding ways to deliver more value
- Developing our Continuous Integration toolkits to automate in house testing
- Working with us to find ways to make yours, ours and our client’s lives easier
- Heavy use of Git + Gitlab
- Ultimately, leveraging your skillset to make people’s live easier and better through automation
What does the right person mean to us?
We are scaling quickly, and we are looking for people who will be ready to fill potential new positions as they become available in the future. For this reason, we’re looking to work with someone who has ambitions to work towards increasing their skillset and achieving more senior development roles/skillsets in the future.
Our ideal candidate will also have a passion for producing superior software solutions and the in-built ability to spot, agitate and solve problems quickly with a solution focused approach.
You will be empowered to taking ownership of software development projects from start to finish, have experience building scalable code and your understanding of different methodologies will enable us to create the right solution for our clients, every time.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of building effective function and unit tests, and automating this with CI. You will also ideally have experience with AWS, Vagrant, Terminal & Unix.
Importantly, we value personal/professional growth and learning, and we value this have ambition to grow with the business.
What do you get in return?
Let’s establish some facts:
- Salary range: £22k - £46k based on experience.
- Mac Book Pro, or Windows Equivalent
- 33 days holiday (25 days + bank holidays)
- Remote First: Business space for collaboration, not pointless congregation
- Flexible Hours: Start your day between 8am – 10am
- Learners are Earners: Protected time to learn and upskill, unlocking higher salary bands
- Pension: We’re all about the long term
- Social Events: Friday beers, Skribbl and drawings that affirm why we never went into design
- Hardware: Equipped to work from home, or the office
- Shape the Business: We set objectives as a team, to achieve the overall mission
- Shape your Future: We aim to offer solid progression opportunities
- Mutual Commitment: Help us understand what you want to achieve, and we’ll work with you to empower it
The Selection Process:
- Initial Chat: Informal chat just to mutually understand what we both have to offer, and what we all want – if we agree there is a fit, we move forward
- Interview: A more structured interview, with an opportunity for us all to ask open questions and assess fit against skillset and values
- Follow up Call: A conversation which allows us to mutually understand the sort of work we might undertake, and how suitable you find this
- Feedback & Decision: Hopefully this is us offering, and yourself accepting! But in any case, we’ll provide a decision and feedback should you like it
What do you think?
If you are excited about this opportunity, feel you have the right skills, and want to join an ambitious and growth focused company, we would love to hear from you.
Please send us a copy of your CV and some insight into your career aspirations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to connecting with you!